Impound Release Information

How do I get my car out of impound?

If your vehicle has been impounded in Banning, please go to the Banning Police Station Lobby’s public counter to receive a vehicle release form:

Banning Police Department
125 E Ramsey.
Banning, CA. 92220
(951) 922-3170

The registered owner (R/O) must have a valid Driver’s License or have a picture ID and someone with a valid driver’s license to act as an Agent.

Vehicles can only be released to the Registered Owner (of record with DMV) ONLY or a Notarized Letter from the Registered Owner indicating person the R/O is releasing to. Letter must include clear photo copy of R/O’s valid ID.

All registration fees must be current, with no outstanding parking citations. All other fee’s paid/or restrictions must be corrected prior to the granting of a vehicle release. If not, must have registration sheet showing fees paid along with a moving permit (White 1-day) or (Red – Month).

Newly transferred vehicles must bring new registration paperwork from DMV.

For 30 day impounds due to improperly licensed drivers, the registered owner(s) must attend an impound hearing with the Banning Police Department for consideration of early release.